ISO 9001 & 14001
- QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
- In the functioning of the Department of Polymer Engineering of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics the key to the satisfaction of university students and industrial partners, and to the high standard of education, research and development is quality. Our basic values are people and the environment. Here, at the Department of Polymer Engineering, we follow the “continuous development” principle, which means that we shift the focus of our activity from mistake recognition to mistake prevention. The quality and environmental policy of the Department of Polymer Engineering includes the full implementation of the MSZ EN ISO 9001:2015 and MSZ EN ISO 14001:2015 standards in our day-to-day work. Continuous quality improvement requires all of our colleagues to know the procedures of their job exactly, and maintain and develop the work processes in accordance with the goals of our quality and environmental policy. Each colleague of the Department of Polymer Engineering is responsible for the quality and environmental impact of the educational, research, and development activity they perform, and for forming and practising a behaviour dedicated to the quality and environmental policy of the Department. The management of the Department of Polymer Engineering is committed to continuously improving the quality approach and quality culture, taking into consideration human values and their development. Our Department constantly aspires to function as an efficient organization that is close to the people and contributes to the high-quality implementation of our society’s educational, research, and development goals.
- OUR MOST IMPORTANT VALUES
- We are providing quality education through continuous subject-matter improvement and the constant modernization of our equipment, taking into consideration the changing demands of society.
- We are providing highly usaable, practical knowledge to our students. It is reflected in their increasing number, in the careers of our graduate engineers, and in the satisfaction of employers.
- Our teachers have high academic degrees, practical knowledge, and excellent pedagogical temperament; they are also national and international experts. They show a good example of environmental awareness.
- Our Department’s creative and innovative spirit is based on its convivial and homely atmosphere, and the helpfulness and respect of the colleagues for each other.
- Through R&D, our Department contributes to the increase of Hungary’s competitiveness in the EU, the strengthening of a knowledge-based society, and to decreasing the load on the environment.
- Our Department won the “Greenest Department” title of the University, because our important mission in our everyday life and teaching is to provide a good example in recycling and protection of the environment.
- THE MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The mission of the Department of Polymer Engineering of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics is to develop the personalities of future engineers and train them to be versatile and highly skilled professionals for materials science, and for the Hungarian plastic and textile industry. Its mission is also to contribute to the students’ and industrial partners’ “green” approach and to sustainable technological development.
- THE DEPARTMENT’S VISION
- The Department of Polymer Engineering of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics becomes a decisive player in Hungarian technical higher education, research and development. It continuously improves quality and guarantees the highest standards of education, research and development.
A Polimertechnika Tanszék laboratóriuma
"Stratégiai jelentőségű kutatási infrastruktúra"
minősítést nyert el (SKI) és ezzel bekerült a Nemzeti Kutatási Infrastruktúra Regiszterbe.
Condition of access
© 2014 BME Department of Polymer Engineering - Created by: Dr. Romhány Gábor